Church Centre Building Project
We are delighted that we received planning permission in August 2011 to redevelop our Church Centre and we could begin to “Enlarge the place of our tent”. Isaiah 54:2 has been a key verse as we have journeyed to this point. Work commenced Tuesday 28 May 2013.
Please do look through the brochure (click here or on the top 2 pictures in the sidebar on the right) for further details of the journey so far, the approved design and the vision of what we can achieve through a redeveloped building.
Key benefits of the redeveloped church centre
We will be able to:
- create a building and site that says ‘welcome’
- enhance children and young people’s learning of God’s extravagant love by providing a fun, creative and stimulating environment
- have all our Sunday groups adequately housed in one building
- increase the opportunities for different social and activity groups to use facilities together
- provide people involved in pastoral counselling and small groups with appropriately sized, comfortable and well furnished rooms
- easily cater for the needs of a regular café, men’s and women’s breakfasts, an alpha course, an elderly person’s lunch club, sizeable social events… in our fully equipped kitchen
- enhance delivery of parenting, marriage & alpha courses; discipleship courses and pastoral training; dynamic events for youth and students through the use of modern technology
The following plans show you the building from Longfleet Road
And the internal plans:
(dotted lines indicate potential room divisions using good quality partitioning)
Ground Floor Plan
Alongside the redevelopment of our own building for the mission and ministry of SML the PCC has agreed that we will raise an additional £45,000 to fund a building project for J-Life, to help transform another community. photos
The project SML would be supporting is to build Phase 1 of a self-sufficient J-Life Training Centre in Cameroon, including a conference building, toilets and a dormitory.
There are many ways in which you can give to the project and we hope that this will give our whole church family the opportunity to experience the joy of sacrificial giving.
- Giving of lump sums
- Pledging to give to this project on a weekly basis, monthly basis or any cycle that is convenient
- Giving from stocks or bonds, or transferring shares to SML
- Young people and children can also give out of their part time job, pocket money or other creative idea
- Organise a fund-raising activity
- Offer an interest free loan.
Please find a giving response form to download on the right – click on the ‘gift day’ banner
If you are a UK tax payer, SML can reclaim 25p from every £1 you donate. This means that, if you were to gift aid a donation of £100, your gift is worth £125 to the church or £12,500 from a gift of £10,000. So please ensure your gift is ‘gift aided’!